You'll love growing microgreens on our 100% natural jute fiber mats.
Moisture absorbent and drain easily - perfect for growing microgreens!
No more worries about soil borne diseases or root rot because moisture is distributed gently and evenly to plants.
Roots readily penetrate the jute fibers creating a strong, healthy plant.
Mats hold moisture so daily misting no longer necessary.
Mats measure 10" x 20" and are precut to fit our 11" x 22" Grower Trays.
Easy to cut with a scissors so you can alter mats to fit any size tray however.
Completely compost worthy.
Once experience the "clean and green" growing environment that you get with our 100% natural fiber jute mats you'll never want to grow in soil again!
Tips for Growing Microgreens
1. Place pads in 11" x 22" Grower Tray.
2. Soak pads in water to be sure they are moist (rooting solution or fertilizer isn't necessary).
3. Sprinkle seeds at recommended density and mist thoroughly.
4. Keep seeds dark for 2 to 3 days (or use your own germination method)
5. Place tray in bright light after the 3rd day (for most varieties)
6. Water by pouring water into tray at corner. Jute pads will wick moisture up to the seeds gently and evenly.
7. Harvest when first pair of leaves appear - about 8 to 10 days for most varieties.